SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS
The page below lists our commercial sponsors and supporters. To view our long list of individual supporters press
To view organisation who have help press
The Bombe Rebuild Project wish to offer grateful thanks the following companies who have contributed to our Rebuild
- Quantel – our first sponsor
Nortel – for being a sponsor, for copying rare and original blueprints, for helping the project by manufacturing precision parts and for making available space at Harlow for our teams to operate.
Professor Roger Needham CBE
- THE NEEDHAM CHARITABLE TRUST – BBC Report for providing the funding for the Project in general and for cabinets and display material to better present our Rebuild and associated equipment at Bletchley Park.
- Revvo Castors – For providing refurbished early 1940s Castors exactly as originally supplied to BTM. http://www.revvo.co.uk/
- Henry Isaac Iron Founders – Steel Castings and heavy steel section
- PARSELL of Nottingham – For manufacturing and supplying a special Punch and Die to make the fixing holes for switches in our switch panels.
- Warwick University/Rover – Rapid Prototyping Centre – for producing casting patterns using their latest technology.
More about the Rapid Prototyping Centre
- ADVANCED Sheet Metal Engineering Limited – for producing many plates and precision internal components. http://www.advanced-sheet-metal.co.uk/
- World Metal Index -Sheffield who kindly investigated the definitions of 1940s metals and provided information relating to modern equivalents.
- Andrew Castle – For manufacturing 130 main brush holder shafts including difficult spiral oil grooves
- Shaws Metals Limited, Derby – For the supply of flat steel bar
- Essex Heat Treatment, Witham – For hardening numerous steel working parts
- CAB Engineering, Newbury – who Manufactured a complex insert from which the menu plug mould could be made
- Autodesk for providing the AutoCAD® software that has enabled us to redraw the original and fading Bombe blueprints and create new assembly drawings.
- Tufnol Ltd. – Perry Bar, Birmingham who have supplied the material used to cover the mechanisms and cableforms on the front of the machine.www.tufnol.com
Uddeholm – Oldbury for providing Swedish Iron for use in relay coil cores and other magnetic circuits www.uddeholm.com
Kepston Limited – Wednesbury for annealing the soft iron used in the relay coils above www.kepston.co.uk
- LETCHWORTH POLISHING AND PLATING CO LTD – Works Road, for plating external parts on the front of the machine
A&G Walden Bros. Ltd. – Heavy Welding and drawing materials.
- Hydraulic Cylinders – Birmingham, who turned up numerous parts http://www.hydraulic-pneumatic-cylinders.co.uk/
Kluber Lubrications – For supplying grease https://www.klueber.com/en/lubricants
- SYNFLEX – Banbury, Who provided large quantities of enamelled copper wire with which we are winding new relay coils. E-mail; email@example.com
BRIG-AYD CONTROLS – Welwyn Garden City, For turning large numbers of small brass items on their CNC lathe. Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOHN BURN & Co (B’ham) LTD – Birmingham for supply various types of moulding compounds. http://www.johnburn.co.uk
- SIBA (UK) Ltd. – http://www.sibafuses.com – Loughborough, who supplied all our fuse clips, used in our case as resistor clips, and special DC cartridge fuses.
BEECHCRAFT Ltd. – Midsomer Norton, For making the menu plug moulds and provided moulding expertise.
- Digital Television Systems – Kingsclere, Newbury, for loaning us a vacuum chamber
- Coldwell Engineering – Sheffield for helping with the supply of pipe and fittings for the lubrication system http://www.coldwellengineering.com/
- Cougar Electronics Corp.- New Haven, CT USA for manufacturing and supplying Selenium Rectifiers http://www.cougarelectronics.com
- Interlube Systems Limited (UK) – St. Modwen Road, Parkway Industrial Estate, Plymouth Devon, PL6 8LH – Supplied drawings and vital information for our lubrication system http://www.interlubesystems.co.uk/
- DEP FABRICATIONS LIMITED – Hitchin, Herts. Supplied Acrylic Covers for the checking Machines, Enigma and Typex http://www.depfabrications.com/index.htm